One of Isabella's favourite things to do is "help" me in the kitchen. Helping often involves stirring, mixing & pouring. Not just in the bowl but on the floorboards, the bench and her clothes. It's double the work but more fun, or so I tell myself. So with Isabella's helping hands and my preference for quick meal making I wanted to share two of our favourites (one for eating and one for playing) - playdough & pancakes.
No cook playdough
- 2 cups of flour
- 1 cup of salt
- 1 Tbs cooking oil
- 1 cup of cold water
- 2 drops of food colouring
1. Combine dry ingredients together in a large bowl
2. Combine wet ingredients in a seperate bowl.
3. Make a well in middle of the dry ingredients and pour the wet ingredients into the centre of the well. Mix together with your hands until it forms a dough.
4. Knead the dough with your hands until you have the right consistancy. You may need to add more water or flour.
Ingredients:1 cup self-raising flour
1 cup of milk
1 tablespoon of oil or butter
1.Put the flour, milk & egg in a mixing bowl and whisk until its a smooth consistency.
2. Put a large pan on a medium heat and add some olive oil or butter. Once that melts, add a large spoonful of the batter and cook in batches, flipping over the pancake and cooking the other side when it forms lots of little bubbles on top and is golden underneath. It will take a few minutes to cook each one.